Good Sunday friends, hope you are all healthy and ready to enter into the second week of advent. the readings for today Sunday challenges us to prepare a highway in our hearts so that we may receive Jesus as our saving God on Christmas. We need to prepare also for Christ’s daily coming into our lives in the Holy Eucharist, in the Holy Bible, in everyone we encounter, and in the praying community. Finally, we are asked to be ready to meet Jesus as our Judge on His Second Coming, at the end of our lives and at the end of the world.
Life messages for us:
1. We need to prepare our hearts and lives for Jesus our Savior to be reborn in us during this Christmas time.
2. We need to repent and seek forgiveness from God and those we have injured: John’s message calls us to confront and confess our sins.
3. We need to accommodate John the Baptizer in our lives:
• Make friends with someone you’re at odds with.
• Pick up the phone and talk to somebody you haven’t talked to in months or years.
• Be the first to hold out the hand of reconciliation even though it gets slapped or rejected.
• Be willing to put some of your possessions on the line.
• think, speak and act for peace
• teach children to sing for peace,
• parents bless your children/family
have blessed Sunday